Sunday, January 17, 2010

Life is a Cha Cha Cha





Sharon Butler and Derek Millman 
of Dancemasters Studio


   Cha cha is a dance where you take one step forward, step back in place, shuffle your feet, cha cha cha. Take a step back, step forward in place and shuffle cha cha cha. I might insert a turn and cha cha cha. That’s the dance. Variations to the basic step follow the same pattern, keeping the steps in line with the rhythm of the music.

        The cha cha is a lively dance and the music invites you to take a step and dance. However, I realized after dancing for a while that no matter what I do, I find myself in exactly the same spot where I started. Then I made the connection, “Life is a cha cha cha.”

       Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars and all the other planets of our solar system spin around the sun. For what purpose? To stay in the same orbit. Those heavenly bodies up there dance the cha cha cha.

       My personal finance likewise is a cha cha cha. I step forward to get my paycheck, cha cha cha. I step back to pay my mortgage, cha cha cha. I turn around and find I have money left, cha cha cha, however, I need to pay credit card bills cha cha cha. While waiting for my next pay check, I mark time in place with a cha cha cha.

      With triple step forward, I claim my new pay check. I say to myself, “This is the check that will put me ahead of the game. I would have money to spare for a rainy day.” That extra money I imagined I would have for a rainy day was washed away in a torrential flood. I had to buy a new battery for the car and pay a huge dental bill.

        I  have  to   thank   Mother  Nature  for  balancing  my  life,  even balancing  my checkbook perfectly.

        Somewhere there is a pot of gold but that’s not for me to hold unless I am bold to look for it. So I go forward and back and side to side with bongo drums as my guide.

        Somewhere someone is looking for me but I can’t be found if I am not dancing around. While I am looking for my place in the sun I might just as well have some fun dancing the cha cha cha.

        As I dance consistently, I find myself dancing proficiently. Lost in the fervor of matching my locomotion to the music’s syncopation, I find that every measure is a moment to treasure.

        Dancing to the beat, I feel energy rising from my feet. Dancing to that rhythmic sound I feel that everything can be found.

        Moving forward financially and personally, the next time you see me I will be richer, slimmer and more lovable from dancing the real cha cha cha … because, after all, “Life is a cha cha cha.”

2 comments:

  1. I like the cha cha cha concept. We may be dancing in place but at least we are dancing. To me, it means enjoy each step we take; why not, since we ahve to take those steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a refreshing thought, enjoy the step since we have to take those steps anyway. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete